Monday, February 25, 2008

Dear Diary,

This is a true dialog between Tara and I.

Tara: Hey, Rebecca. I bet you won't eat your dinner without silverware at the banquet tonight.

Rebecca: I will if you will.

Tara: Pinky promise?

Rebecca: Pinky promise.

Star Wars-esque fade to 2 hours later.

Tara: What if it's something that would be super awkward to eat with our hands?

Rebecca: like mashed potatoes or jello?

Tara: yeah like something too liquid to pick up but to solid to drink.

Rebecca: Or pasta. Pasta would be bad. What would we do if it was spaghetti? Twirl the noodles areound our fingers and suck it off?

Tara: Hmmm...not so good.

Rebecca: Well we have to do it now. We pinky promised!

Fade to banquet

Tara has gone to wells to finish picking up after the other tournament.

Rebecca calls Tara

Rebecca: Hey Tara. Banquets started want me to get you a plate?

Rebecca's team has moved to sit with Kent State. Kent State did not know what was to happen when they invited the team to sit with them.

Tara: yeah get me whatever I'll be there in a bit.

Time passes and everyone is almost done eating. Rebecca is waiting for Tara.

Tara finally gets to the banquet sits down and finds a huge plate of spaghetti in front of her.

Tara: Hmm.. it's spaghetti. Great.

R: yep.

T: Are you sure you want to do this?

R: yep

T and R study how to eat spaghetti without silverware.

T and R pick up one breadstick in each hand and in a motion similar to tossing a salad scoop the spaghetti towards their mouths and take a great big bite.

5 minutes and half a plate of spaghetti later

Tara: I want silverware.

Rebecca: Nope you can't. You pinky promised.

Tara: What if I consede the point and say you win?

Rebecca: Nope

Tara: Pretty Pretty Pretty please?

Rebecca: Nope

Tara: I will love you forever.

Rebecca: and?

Tara: You win. I should have never doubted you would do this.

Rebecca: That's right, I do all kinds of crazy, embarrassing things. You should know this by now.

R hands T silverware

Tara: Thank you!


1 comment:

Erin said...

I really shouldn't read your blog while sitting in the library.